ActivityRez, a Hawaii company, is seeking a user experience designer with strong experience in web application UXD.
Our company provides enterprise level cloud-based reservation booking software for the travel, tour and activity sector, servicing some of the world’s top brands as well as hundreds of small activity / tour operators. ActivityRez was named the #1 Fastest growing company in Hawaii, and one of the top software company’s in the nation by Inc. magazine. Despite its growing global demands, ActivityRez is proud to continue operating in Hawaii.
This position entails working with business analysts / product management to define user stories and translate them into great user interfaces for all functionality in the reservation system.
Send resumes and a brief paragraph describing why this position appeals to you to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Solid foundation in UXD theory and practical application
- Experience leading UXD for complex web applications
- Familiarity with user experience design trends and best practices.
- Experience using industry standard tools such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with agile development methodology (iterative approach to software design)
- Preferred: Degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, HCI or a related field
- Preferred: Experience in the travel and tourism industry
- Preferred: Experience with quantitative and qualitative user behavior research
ActivityRez began in 2000 as an offshoot of a web design and application development company started by our founder, CEO Lubuw Falanruw. By working with some of the most successful online travel activity/tour booking sites in Hawaii we learned a lot about the needs of the industry. This led to Hawaii’s first Activity Vendors Extranet in 2002 which featured industry wide content management, “Virtual Blocks”, and real-time e-Vouchers.
Since those early days our team has grown significantly, so fast in fact, we’ve been recognized as the fastest growing private company in Hawaii and one of the fastest growing private companies in the United States. Though we’ve grown in size we continue to operate in the same city that gave us our start, Honolulu, the Mecca of the activity industry.