The new Hawaii-based, locally owned rideshare company holoholo, founded by longtime SpeediShuttle CEO Cecil Morton, is launching today to riders on Oahu, Hawaii Island, Maui, Kauai and Lanai.
The company started recruiting drivers in April.
The holoholo platform offers a marketplace of community drivers where riders can request a vehicle in minutes from their smartphone, see the cost, and have it charged to their credit card, providing riders access to reliable and safe transportation.
“I am excited to finally bring a locally owned and operated ridesharing service to the people of Hawaii and connect businesses and communities at the push of a button,” said Morton.
Morton says holoholo’s mission is to simplify the ridesharing experience and connect our communities to local businesses in Hawaii.
Starting today, holoholo riders can download the holoholo Mobility App, or book a ride online.
“With holoholo you’re getting a local company with a platform built on the values of community, sustainability and safety,” Rob Mora, a holoholo spokesperson, said. “Ridesharing is an important part of the transportation eco-system in Hawaii and it’s exciting to see a homegrown brand come to life and do their part to bring earning opportunity and accessible fair pricing to locals and visitors.”
The holoholo Difference:
- Transparency for rider and driver pricing (no surge pricing and no surprises)
- Sustainable product offering (green vehicle option)
- Locally owned and operated (connect face-to-face with local employees and offices)
- A focus on safety for rider and drivers (ongoing background/wellness checks and COVID practices)
How to Book a Ride
- Holoholo Mobility App: Download the App from the Google Play Store or the Apple Store from any smartphone and sign up with a valid credit card.
- Holoholo Website: Go to rideholoholo.com/book-online and enter a mobile phone number, email and valid credit card. No signup is needed. Note that App features like driver tracking are unavailable if booking online.
Holoholo Products & Services
- Holoholo (1-4 pax): Affordable, everyday rides
- Green (1-4 pax): Low-emission rides
- Holoholo XL (1-5 pax): Larger vehicles that can seat up to 5 passengers
- Luxury (1-4 pax): Premium rides with highly rated drivers
- Assist (1-4 pax): Special assistance from certified drivers
- Military (1-4 pax): Base access made easy