A new, Hawaii-based, locally-owned rideshare company today launched its driver recruiting program, with a soft-launch for riders set to begin later this month.
holoholo (the company prefers its name be in lowercase), founded by longtime SpeediShuttle CEO Cecil Morton, is looking to recruit drivers on Oahu, Hawaii Island, Maui, Lanai, and Kauai.
holoholo supports a marketplace of community drivers where riders can request a vehicle in minutes from their smartphone, see the cost, and have it charged to their credit card, which helps riders have access to reliable and safe transportation.
“It is incredibly important to me that with our industry knowledge and resources that we do everything in our power to help create a more sustainable Hawaii while giving earning opportunities to our local residents and providing safe, reliable transportation,” Morton said.
In 1999, Morton acquired two Maui-based transportation competitors operating on Maui and Hawaii Island, and brought an advanced operating platform in the shuttle industry to Hawaii. In his 27 years in the ground transportation industry, he has implemented innovative changes to expand the airport shuttle business by building relationships with major travel companies, hotel brands and travel providers, as well as expanding into corporate transportation and black car services.
holoholo’s mission is to simplify the ridesharing experience and connect our communities to local businesses in Hawaii.
“Building a brand and business has always been about the people to me, when I decided to move forward with this idea it was non-negotiable to bring our drivers into the ʻohana through above and beyond service, transparent pay and an ongoing commitment to constantly improve,” Morton said.
holoholo says it offers:
- Transparency for rider and driver pricing (no surge and no surprises)
- Sustainable product offering (green vehicle option)
- Locally owned and operated (connect face-to-face with local employees and offices)
- A focus on safety for rider and drivers (ongoing background/wellness checks and COVID practices)
Interested drivers can get started today by downloading the drivers’ app from the Google Play Store or the Apple Store and completing the application. After holoholo reviews the application, the company will invite qualified drivers to an in-person car inspection and training session. On approval, the company will then activate the account.
- 21 years or older
- A minimum of three years of driving experience
- Pass an initial and ongoing comprehensive background and driver history check
- A vehicle–4 doors, minimum of three seats, and eight years old or newer (no limousines or trucks)
- Smartphone with holoholo Driver App
- Read and accept best-driver practices
- Pass a pre-trip inspection
- Pass ongoing wellness checks
And provide the following information:
- Valid Hawaii driver’s license
- Proof of residency
- Vehicle registration
- Personal vehicle insurance
- Hawaiʻi Vehicle Inspection Sticker
Other Driver Benefits:
- Fuel discount program for fuel access on Maui in Kahului, and on Hawaiʻi Island in Hilo, Kona, and Kawaihae
- PPE kit with hand sanitizers, wipes and masks
holoholo is a locally owned transportation network company offering a marketplace of community drivers on Oahu, Maui, Hawaii Island, Kauai and Lanai. The company’s mission is to simplify the ridesharing experience and connect its communities to local businesses in Hawaii. For more information about how to drive with holoholo, please visit driveholoholo.com.